Part-time (3 days per week)
12 month contract
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Support Coordinator based at our Head Office in Thurgoona. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful applicant will be responsible for assisting NDIS Participants in the choice, provision and delivery of services and supports which are focussed on achieving their goals and objectives. Other key responsibilities to support NDIS Participants and their support network include:
- Building capacity to coordinate their NDIS pans, negotiate appropriate support and services and connect with community support and mainstream services;
- Providing expert advice and consultation on the changing NDIS environment;
- Monitoring expenditure and supports to ensure Participants remain informed as to their rate of expenditure and potential impacts;
- Increasing opportunities to connect with local communities, services and supports
Key Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience within the disability sector and knowledge of the NDIS
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or extensive demonstrated experience in Care Management or Care Coordination or similar role
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Participants and their support network, executive management, management, staff, families, funding bodies and other stakeholders.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
The successful applicant must address all the requirements of the key selection criteria and undergo standard employment screening.
For the full position description, click here
Enquires and confidential applications with an accompanying resume should be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 7 April 2019
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.